TERMS & CONDITIONS
By making a booking at The Lily Pad at Byron, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions, Payment Policy and Cancellation Policy:
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Arrival & Departure Times:
- Check in from 2:00pm/ Check out by 10:00am.
Keys & Access:
- Access & Arrival instructions will be sent by email in the week before check-in and after the final payment has been made (and a credit card is on file for bond).
- Key safe access code/s will be sent by text message at 9.00am on the day of check-in.
- Guests should store one set of keys in the key-safe all times when you leave the property, including check out.
Parking & Driveway:
- The driveway is shared with the main farmhouse on the property. Guests should drive along the driveway with awareness and consideration for others at all times.
- Plenty of open air parking is available in front of The Lily Pad. Guests can park directly in front of the Retreat Pavilion (garage door) or to the left hand side of the Retreat Pavilion. The garage located at the property is not available for guest use as this is a storage area.
- The Lily Pad is a non-smoking property.
- Free Wi-Fi internet is provided.
Linen & Amenities:
- Linen, bath & beach towels, soap, shampoo and conditioner are provided.
- A complimentary kitchen-basics pantry such as cling wrap, foil, oil, salt, pepper, tea & coffee are provided for guests use.
Rubbish and Recycling:
- Guests are required to put all rubbish in the bins marked “The Lily Pad” at the top of the driveway. However, guests are not required to put the bins out for collection.
- Please read the information at the property about rubbish collection and recycling. There is also compost bin on site behind the Studio Pavilion for vegetable scraps.
- There are permanent residences neighbouring The Lily Pad (including on the same property) and we request no loud noise/ music. Please ensure that music is turned down and conversations are brought inside after 9pm. Be considerate of the neighbours, particularly between 9pm and 7am.
Guests & Usage:
- The guest who made the booking must stay at the property and will be held responsible for the conduct of all other guests.
- The Lily Pad has a no party policy. The owner reserves the right to cancel the booking or evict guests if this is breached.
Damages & Repairs:
- In the event of breakage or damage, guests should contact the owners as soon as possible. Damages may be deducted from bond.
- Guests should not move or rearrange furniture in any way. Damages/ excess cleaning caused by movement of items or furniture will be taken from bond.
- Repairs to any appliances will be attended to as soon as possible. Please report any issues right away.
Personal and Lost Property:
- No responsibility will be taken for the personal property of guests. If items are left behind, the owners will endeavour to return them, at guest’s own cost.
- The Lily Pad has a no pets policy, unless arranged beforehand. Additional strict terms and conditions apply, subject to approval.
- Guests’ actions, conduct and safety are the responsibility of the guests. The owner of this property do not condone unsafe, irresponsible or illegal actions/behaviour on or off the premises, during a stay or at any other time.
- A condition of entering and/or staying at this property means that all guests understand and agree to indemnify the owner against any incidents, loss or injury while within or outside of the premises during a stay or at any other time.
- It is expected that The Lily Pad will be treated with care and respect and left clean and tidy on departure. Any extra time required for cleaning (above and beyond a normal clean) will be deducted from the bond.
- The BBQ should be cleaned, dishwasher unstacked and all kitchen items put away.
- Please put all rubbish and recycling in the bins at the top of the driveway labelled “Lily Pad at Byron”.
- Lock doors and return the keys to the locations provided on arrival.
Deposit & Balance:
- A 50% deposit is required up-front to confirm your booking.
- The balance of tariff must be paid 30 days prior to arrival. If you are booking within 30 days of arrival, the full tariff is due at the time of booking.
Credit Card Transactions
- Credit card transaction fees apply as follows: Visa and Mastercard 1.95%. AMEX 2.95%. EFT details can be provided upon request as an alternate fee-free payment method.
- Credit card details are required as a security deposit bond before the keys will be provided. These details are held until after your stay.
- A security bond of $500 will only be taken from the guest’s credit card in the event of damage or excess cleaning costs.
- Should there be any damage or losses (including keys) the full bond will be retained and then refunded less any damage or loss replacement costs.
- Bond deductions are rare, however when they occur, the owners will advise the guest of details of any charges and these will appear on the guest’s statement.
- COVID-19 cancellations:
- If you cannot travel due to a government imposed lockdown or hard border closure that prevents that impacts you directly, there is an option to postpone and receive a credit towards a future booking.
- For all other cancellations the following policies apply:
- For bookings direct with The Lily Pad at Byron, a 50% refund is provided up until 30 days prior to check in. If cancellation is less than 30 days in advance, no refund applies.
- If the guest arrives and decides to leave early, the nights not spent are not refunded.
- For bookings made with third party travel booking sites such as Airbnb, Booking.com etc, the relevant cancellation policy for those sites applies.
- Credit card handling fees are non-refundable.
- Date changes are possible at the discretion of the owner.
- Any additional rent charges due to changes in season will apply.